Annuities Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
What is an annuity?
An annuity is a long-term investment between you, the annuitant, and an insurance company, the annuity issuer. Under this contract, you pay after-tax funds to the annuity issuer, who then invests your principal to meet your financial objectives and pays you or your beneficiary back with earnings (subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuer).
If you have a fixed annuity, your interest rate is guaranteed. With a variable annuity, your earnings are linked with the fluctuating performance of your investments and may be worth more or less than your principal when redeemed. In addition, you have added control in how your money is invested, creating a higher potential for growth. However, this option comes with a higher risk in return.
Unlike other investment plans, there is no limit to how much you can invest in an annuity. Your funds will steadily grow with a tax-deferred status, and you pay your regular tax income rate on only your earnings upon withdrawal.
What annuity options are available?
An immediate annuity can begin paying you right away. You can choose whether you want your income guaranteed for a specific time period or if you want lifelong payments. The amount of your payments is calculated based on your principal and your life expectancy.
A deferred annuity is broken up into two phases:
- Accumulation: This is when you add money to your annuity, whether you pay in a lump sum or you make a series of payments. You can continue to let your account grow tax-deferred for an indefinite amount of time.
- Distribution: This is when you begin withdrawing money from your annuity whether you take out systematic withdrawals or you annuitize to supplement your finances with a regular stream of income for life.
Why buy an annuity?
An annuity is a good investment option for individuals who are willing to take a bigger risk in hopes of earning a bigger payout. Your earnings can then be used for supplemental income during retirement, guaranteed financial independence as you age, or a monetary legacy to leave behind for your loved ones. An annuity can help you continue living comfortably well into old age.
Contact us to learn more about planning your future with an annuity. We are happy to answer your questions and help begin your investment process today.
Why start a retirement plan?
With modern technology and medicine, people are living longer than ever before. That sounds great, but it also means longer periods of retirement, during which you must pay for housing, food and more. It is important to start saving for retirement at an early age. Opening a retirement plan is a great way to invest in your future.
What types of retirement plans exist?
There are six main types of retirement plans.
- Individual retirement account (IRA): This type of account allows you to contribute money, which is invested tax-deferred. Your gains can grow quicker since they are not taxed until you withdraw funds at retirement.
- Roth IRA: This plan differs from a regular IRA in one main way… contributions are made after tax. This means that funds within a Roth IRA are not taxed again. You can withdraw your funds before retirement without penalties.
- 401(k): This is an employer-sponsored retirement plan to which you can contribute a pre-tax portion of each paycheck. Contributing to a 401(k) lowers the amount of income you pay taxes on. Additionally, many employers offer matching programs as an employee benefit.
- Roth 401(k): This plan combines features of Roth IRA and 401(k). It is offered through employers, but contributions come from your after-tax salary. Like a Roth IRA, funds in the account are not taxed again.
- Simple IRA: This plan is like a 401(k) and is often offered by small businesses. Contributions come from pre-tax paychecks and money grows tax-deferred until retirement.
- SEP IRA: This plan works well for self-employed individuals, who can contribute part of their paychecks. Contributions can be deducted from income taxes. Plus, annual contribution limits are higher than many other retirement plans.
Get started today!
Start saving for retirement today. We can help determine the right retirement plan for your goals and financial needs.